OUR BIG MISSION
We take great pleasure in looking after our people, our growing tribe and our planet. We make it our business to make the world a better place, by not only lifting spirits and tickling the senses, but by raising the bar too. And we don’t just mean soap.
DOWN TO EARTH / BE KIND
Since our products are made by hand, we know exactly what goes into each one. Because we put it there ourselves. Each ingredient carefully chosen to deliver the best possible results. What we leave out is as important as what we leave in. We want you to know exactly what we're made of.
We go to great lengths to make sure that our raw ingredients, packaging and processes are as kind to the environment as they are to your skin. Here are just some of the ways that we do that:
- We avoid single use plastic. All our bottles are made from 100% Post-Consumer Recycled materials and are recyclable.
- Our boxes are made from FSC approved sustainable cardboard from managed forests.
- We have an ethical sourcing policy with all our suppliers.
- Everything we make is cruelty free and vegan friendly.
We’re one small, happy family at The Handmade Soap Company, and we want to keep it that way. Our people’s wellbeing is very important to us, so we always do what we can to make work feel less like, well, work. And as much as we love all the nice smells around the office, we regularly swap them for some fresh air and a well-deserved day out.
OUR BRAND CULTURE
Our brand culture holds strong roots and game-changing visions. It stems from an array of influences and values:- Our founder's years of intrepid exploring.
- Our search for natural skincare that is gentle on sensitive skin & doesn’t cost the earth (literally).
- Our passion for transparency.
- Our vision to create a no-nonsense product and brand.
- Our dedication to researching and establishing sustainable practices and sharing this knowledge with our peers.
- Our relationship with our people, our suppliers and our tribe. We are family.
THE FULL, PRETTY PACKAGE
Like proud parents, we’d love nothing more than for our lovely products to take pride of place in your home. So not only are our precious creations brimming with essential oils and natural goodness, they look pretty as a picture. Many, many joyful hours have gone into making sure our products are as gorgeous on the outside as they are on the inside. We hope you enjoy using them as much as we enjoy making them.